Money Magnet Workshop – Northlakes
April 30 @ 9:00 am - 1:00 pm AEST
Boost your idea’s power to attract investment.
Learn how to communicate the potential value of your innovative ideas to grant assessors, venture capital firms, industry backers, and other prospective project partners at this free, practical workshop for innovators.
Find out what sources of funding are available and what appeals to different types of investors.
SMEs are especially welcome.
Both the Queensland and federal governments are offering unprecedented funding, tax incentives and other investment initiatives so that businesses can benefit from commercialising ideas and intellectual assets – but many innovators lack the confidence or know-how to successfully stimulate interest from financial supporters.
Having a game-changing idea isn’t enough. You need a clear value proposition, sound business case, and a solid understanding of what public and private investors expect from your pitch or proposal.
The Money Magnet Masterclass explains how to:
• convince selection panels/investors of your idea’s value to industry, society, the environment, culture or the community
• pitch its market potential and your opportunity
• demonstrate capacity to deliver a return on investment
• manage risks and remove ‘red flags’
Designed and delivered by experts in attracting both government and private sector funding to further transformational ideas in business, the Money Magnet Workshop identifies critical value points and explains how to position pitches to boost an idea’s power to secure investment.
This introductory-level workshop also looks at what NOT to do and the red flags investors watch for.
Specifically, you’ll learn:
• The common attributes that public and private investors look for in a new opportunity
• What you need to have in place before approaching potential backers
• How grants are commonly assessed
• Techniques to differentiate and articulate value
• Funding options and pathways
• What makes a pitch or proposal more likely to succeed
Innovate Queensland aims to help you:
✓ reduce commercialisation costs
✓ access commercialisation expertise
✓ reduce time lags from idea to income
✓ better target market needs and increase market uptake
✓ choose the right business models
✓ integrate innovation into your existing operations
More than 5000 people have attended Innovate Queensland’s Skills Development workshops and programs, giving them an overall satisfaction rating of 92%.
In surveys, more than 60% of respondents have reported already progressing the market readiness of their ideas.
That means they’re on their way to becoming more competitive and successful.
Are you ready for your innovative ideas to attract investment?