Welcome to the Queensland Government-funded My Innovation Advisor Service information page.
This service offers Queensland innovators and inventors up to 1 hour of free advice from Impact Innovation Group consultants, matched to the idea you’re wanting to get ready for the market or external investment. Download the My Innovation Advisor Service flyer
Here’s how the service works:
1. Complete the two-stage booking application form via this link (takes approximately 5-10 minutes).
2. Within two business days, you’ll be sent details of how to arrange a consultation with your Innovation Advisor at a mutually convenient time.
3. During the consultation, you and the Advisor will discuss where your idea is up to and what it needs to progress, based on the details you provide in the application form.
Impact Innovation Advisors understand that innovators often feel frustrated along their commercialisation journey. Your Advisor will help you balance emotional perspectives with an objective assessment and focus on the idea/innovation.
Importantly, your Advisor will help you recognise what aspects need immediate focus – maybe it’s choosing the best commercialisation pathway, building the right team or a Minimal Viable Product (MVP), engaging with research or technical experts for product validation, or developing an IP protection strategy, for example.
4. Within 10 business days of your consultation, you’ll receive an email summarising the advice and suggesting clear next steps towards getting some traction for commercialising your product, process or service.
This might include contact details for other free and/or fee-based professional support that your advisor has researched and compiled according to your needs. It’s then up to you which steps you’ll take next.
Please note these conditions for accessing the My Innovation Advisor Service:
- This service is free for Queensland inventors and innovators only.
- The details you provide in the application will be aggregated to shape an understanding of what Queensland innovators need in terms of support, but your personal details and IP will not be shared with third parties without your consent (read the Impact Innovation Privacy Statement).
- You will be asked if your story can be included as a case study.
- You will be asked to provide feedback on your My Innovation Advisor experience.