Innovate Queensland delivered skills development workshops, webinars, collaboration activities and My Innovation Advisor consultation services between 2015 – 2021 that helped innovative small to medium Queensland enterprises to develop the skills, knowledge and networks required to commercialise new products and services, develop winning business strategies and grow.
Unfortunately, the Innovation Queensland program is now closed.
To access innovation support and information from Advance Queensland, please visit the
Since September 2015, Impact Innovation has been honoured and proud to deliver the Innovate Queensland program as part of the Queensland Government’s Advance Queensland initiative, supporting Queensland businesses and innovators through their commercialisation and innovation journeys.
Through a comprehensive program of mentoring, workshops, webinars and online training, for more than five years the program has enabled Advance Queensland to service more than 17,000 Queenslanders and help them progress their ideas.
The program aimed to:
- Increase understanding of the commercial skills required to build successful business models and growth strategies.
- Access innovation and commercialisation support programs, networks, resources and expertise that can help reduce the time, risk and cost of commercialisation new products and services.
- Win key customers and markets by understanding competitive environments and developing strategic commercial advantages.
- Learn the principles of exporting and where to get help with entering interstate and international markets.
- Find investment and grant funding sources, understand what investors and grant assessors are looking for and deliver pitches that get attention.
The Innovate Queensland delivered skills development workshops, webinars and connection events that have attracted over 6,192 attendees and given these activities an overall satisfaction rating of 96%. In post-activity surveys, over 70% of attendees reported they had taken their innovation plans further and 56% of participants had formed partnerships with other organisations through the program.
Through the My Innovation Advisor service, over 394 innovators and business leaders have been mentored and 94% of feedback respondents were satisfied with the service. In post-consultation surveys, 70.58% of feedback respondents reported that they had progressed their idea following their experience with the My Innovation Advisor service and when comparing their Commercialisation Readiness Assessment results, participants were able to progress their idea or business by approximately:
- 22% in Technology Readiness
- 22% in Market & Customer Knowledge
- 24% in Development, Manufacturing & Supply Chain/Distribution
- 34% in Revenue & Cost Model
From Mt Isa to Mackay, Cairns to Chinchilla: through the Innovate Queensland program, Advance Queensland has provided local business owners and entrepreneurs with the resources, skills, and connections they needed to innovate, grow, and scale their businesses.
Read some of our success stories here.
The Innovate Queensland Program is delivered by Impact Innovation Group Pty Ltd under contract to the Queensland Government.